BD Author 1.0
DVDLogic BD Author is a professional BD authoring solution for studio use. It contains all the necessary functions for compilation, separate video, audio, interactive graphics (menu) and subtitles into one full valuable BD. BD Author’s user interface is very simple and shows all existing BD fields to allows creation of BD with maximum complexity while adhering to the BD specification. The main concept of this solution is that you can create your Blu-ray with professional BD specification knowledge, plus you can open, edit and compile again any your existing BD. This ability allows to see internal structure of any BD without understanding BD specification concepts.
BD Author allows to start your first project from a single video stream and continue improving it adding audio, subtitles, interactive menu, navigation commands, titles, chapters and many more … Coupled with
IGEditor, BD Author allows you to add very complex interactive menus with a large number of buttons and commands.
We provide access to all possible BD fields to allow users create very detailed and complex BD, adhering to the BD specification. However, our concept allows you to keep all BD settings in one authoring application and in one project file.
BD Author 1.0
- Assets List — BD Author allows users to import assets using 4 main stream types in the form of files: Video, Audio, Menu and Subtitles. Assets list is source elements for all work. Every used asset file must be preliminary opened and shown in assets list. Filling of assets list is the first stage of work.
- Properties Window — special Properties Viewer shows all important properties for every Video or Audio file selected in assets list. You can see such parameters as: File Size, Video Format, Horizontal and Vertical size, Aspect ratio, Bit Rate, Frame Rate, Profile, Sample Frequency, Number of Channels and Duration.
- Clip List — special window shows list of clips. Clip — this is a special BD element that connects Video, Audio, Menu and Subtitles in the one track. There are several clip types according to the BD specification: Main Movie, Slideshow, Audio, Menu and several more. BD Author allows you to create any type of clip using Clip list window in the user interface. Clip creation is step 2 in BD authoring process.
- PlayLists — allows you to create any clip combination or sequence. PlayList is also standard BD specification element. Here you can construct your own PlayList from different types of PlayItems, SubPath, SubPlayItems or TimeMarks. PlayList Editor allows to manually change any field.
- Titles List — window shows the list of all BD Titles. You can see here TopMenu and FirstPlay element also. You can add or delete any BD title.
- Clip Editor — this user interface element allows visualising any Clip from Clip List in view of separate Video/Audio streams. You can change start offsets for Audio/Subtitles streams here. There is useful info here, such as stream durations, filenames and assigned languages.
- MovieObjects — you can create your own MovieObject and use it in any way according to the BD specification. You can write and check correctness of standard BD navigation commands. Navigation command editor will highlight special commands name and parameters with
different colors. This allows you to reduce the possibility of errors during navigation commands writing.
- Java Objects — this partition allows attach to your project any Java specific files. Such as: BDJO, JAR or images. BD Author does not allow write and compile of Java commands. You can only attach existing files previously compiled in another application.
- BD schema — very complex elements represent BD map. It includes all elements as visual rectangles on one panel. BD schema shows Titles, MovieObjects, PlayLists, PlayItems, SubPath and SubPlayItems. It shows also all connections between these elements. You can move, resize, select any element on BD schema. This approach allows the creation of BD alternatively to Clip/PlayList/Title editors. You just need to use the pop up menu clicking on right mouse button and then select appropriate menu item like «Create Title» or «Link to PlayList».
- BD import — use this function for importing any existing BD into BD Author. Later you can work with this BD as with an ordinary project file.
- EasyBD projects import — open and convert to BD Author project from any EasyBD project file.
- Import existent IES file — If you created your menu using IGEditor or have demuxed IG file after BD Demuxer you can use this file simply adding it in Assets List. You can create or edit any difficult Interactive menu according to the BD specification using IGEditor. http://www.igeditor.com
- Checking validity of the Video/Audio/IES — the program allows you to check validity of the used files to conform to BD specification. BD Author can not mux out of spec or broken files, so you will receive error message on such inappropriate files.
- Step by step Blu-Ray construction to BD specification — BD Author constructs BD that are strictly defined in the Blu-ray Disc specification. That is why, the program can used any user that is familiar with BD specification. This helps to avoid the errors and incompatibility while BD construction.
BD Author 1.0
· MPEG-2 (*.m2v)
- SMPTE VC-1 (*.vc1)
- MPEG-4 AVC (*.avc)
- Linear PCM (*.wav)
- Dolby Digital (*.ac3)
- Dolby Digital Plus (*.ec3)
- Dolby TrueHD (*.ac3 + *.mlp)
- DTS (*.dts)
- DTS-HD High Resolution (*.dtshd)
- DTS-HD Master Audio (*.dtshd)
- BDN XML (*.xml)
- PES (*.pes + *.mui)
- IES (*.ies)
- BD Java Object (*.bdjo)
- Java compiled (*.jar)
- Additional Java (*.png, *.xml)